Wednesday, December 21, 2011

From in the doghouse to king of my castle

Have you ever had to lie to the person you love and they find out you lied but you can't tell them why you lied because it would ruin a surprise? Well this happened to me.  I had been scheming on a gift for my girlfriend for a while and had an accomplice on the inside assisting me. This past weekend I told my girlfriend that I was going home after a meeting at work to go to sleep but I was really going to meet her friend and pick up the gift from her because my girlfriend was coming in town that evening and I hadn't picked the item up for her yet.


 Quick background on why this is important to the story. The night before at work I was there until almost 12:30a and had to be back at 6a for a meeting and then back at work again from 1p-11p. 


SO... After my shift I call her on my way home and I complain about how tired I was and how I had not been back home since 530a in the morning. BIG Mistake, I was caught dead in a lie and could think of nothing other than to tell her that I lied to her but I couldn't tell her WHY I lied.  Needless to say that landed me in the doghouse.


Fortunately I talked my way out of the doghouse for the most part and the next day leading to when we exchanged gifts went well.  Finally, we're exchanging gifts and BAM! She opens a box and gets the gift that she had no idea she was getting.  I explained to her how long my accomplice and I had been working behind the scenes to secure this gift for her and she was completely blown away.  This was the icing on the cake, she was excited, and this was the first time I had EVER truly surprised her.


That was the day I went from the doghouse to being King of Castle, if only more days could be like this!

2 comments:

  1. I am glad that your sentence in the dog house was short this time. Btw I love this blog

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yea man, had to get this post approved by the lady in order to not receive my 2nd strike, lol.

    Thanks for the support.

    ReplyDelete