Saturday, July 6, 2013

Turning a new leaf?

Those that have been around me know the last couple weeks have been really tough on me, tougher than most of you know. I've had a personal scare that shook me a whole lot more than I let it be known it did. One of those moments that makes you start to look at everything in a different light. I've lost a person that used to always have my back. I've pushed others away that try to have my back.  I've been very reflective and have spent very few time with others instead opting for the gym and the solitude of home.  I've been meaning to write a blog for days now but couldn't quite come to terms with what it is that I wanted to write about. I still can't. I'm sitting at home, on my balcony, watching the storm about to hit.  I've experienced a lot of change over the last year and as I look forward to the coming days, weeks, months, years, I feel like I'm in the process of starting the next phase of my life. I'm looking forward to the people that will accompany this journey with me.

On that note, I am attempting to turn a new page in this chapter in my book of life. Those that know me, know i look at many things from a rational/analytic approach.  This serves me well in some aspects of life but not in others.  A couple days ago, a friend came to me with their concerns and all I did was marginalize and rationalize them.  Last night the same thing occurred with another friend.  I realized I had to change, I had to be more human and less robotic.  It's tough because I've always fancied myself as someone that cares about people but I've always struggled to show people that I care.  The great thing about a blog is that it allows me to get out my thoughts no matter how jumbled they are. I have to admit, this is probably my worst post. Typically I'll write a post because I have thoughts or topics that I want to share my views on. I apologize that this is not one of them.

I think I'm suffering from a severe lack of football in my life. I'm never like this in the fall.

Anyway, since I've strayed from the sports lately, check out my friends blog over at The Sports Travelers.
He's got some good stuff over there, I'll be joining him on his next trip so look for a dual post then. Also, I'm always looking for something to write about. Many things I care to speak on are so overblown in coverage (Miami Heat title, Aaron Hernandez, Trayvon Martin case).  Free me from my writer's block!

- ODAAT. (One Day At A Time)

1 comment:

  1. You know we have your back and are always here for you. If you ever want to escape for a minute and talk about how horrible your Cowboys are...I am ALWAYS up for that!!

    Love the blog and thanks for the shout out for my new blog!

    ReplyDelete