Wednesday, July 24, 2013

Have you ever had an Outer Body Experience?

Have you ever had a surreal moment of clarity?  A moment, or moments of supreme self-reflection and actualization that you came away from it looking at things in a different light than before?

I have had such an experience. It's weird because it was nothing great that led to it.  For those that regularly read my blog you know these past couple months have been very difficult for me.  Everything changed Sunday-Monday.  It kinda came in different acts and I came away from it almost like a new person.  I'm still me, but I'm a more energetic, positive, clear headed version of me.

It all started Sunday. The week before had been one of many particular tough weeks for me.  I spent all day Saturday enjoying the sun, the pool, and margaritas. Sunday was shaping up to be a doozy of day following a very relaxing Saturday; I had an early morning shift at work, two football games in 95 degree heat, and then back to work to close out the night.  Feeling the effects of the prior day, coupled with little sleep and pure exhaustion from the football games in that heat, I went home Sunday afternoon and literally fell out on my floor for a couple hours. I was starving but didn't eat, I was tired but didn't sleep.  I laid there in the floor almost in a trance.  It was in those moments that I had my first moment of clarity.  I saw myself interacting with a lot of people in my life, some were moments I remembered, some were not. Some moments even appeared to be fictitious.  But like many amazing things in life, I failed to understand it and I spent a lot of time trying to.

Part two came Monday night.  I came home from work and went in my room and fell asleep.  I woke up a couple hours later and literally didn't know where I was.  I took some time to get myself together and went the rest of the night like normal.  After going to bed later that night I had the second moment.  I saw those same interactions but from the other persons viewpoint and better yet, I saw how they felt afterwards.  I saw how I've hurt people and it was a numbing experience. It hurt to see the pain I have caused others.  I also saw how indifferent I've made people and wrapping it up I saw the positives I have left in others.

It was the most intense experience I have ever had in my life.  I woke up today dead tired because my mind and maybe even my body was awake half the night with this experience but it is after 1am here and I am still wired and full of energy.  This experience has truly renewed me.  I have a new purpose in life, an incredible focus and energy that I have not felt before.  I immediately looked to spread the new me with others.  I want to have the biggest impact I can have on as many people as I can have it on.  I see things differently than I did 72 hours ago and I still don't think I completely understand it.  The downside is I realize that with change, comes pain.  I feel like I can see around the corner and that I see that this enhanced version of my former self will not be a hit with everyone. Some people want to live in the dark, I want to shine the light. I want to uplift, some don't want to to be lifted.  I know, I have been those other people, but I am not anymore.  I will gain new friends and lose others, and I am OK with that. I had a conversation tonight with three amazing women that each have a different place in my life.  I explained to them what happened and how I feel.  Their reactions varied.  1 was skeptical, 1 was inquisitive, 1 was positive, yet indifferent.  For me, all three provided me with a great conversation and I ended each one on such a high, it was amazing.

A quote I often use or misuse rings so true:
"A person often meets their destiny on the road he took to avoid it" 
- Jean de La Fontaine

Everything I previously feared, I tried to avoid, and it happened. Now I'm different.  I don't even believe in destiny or fate, but I believe everything happens for a reason.  I don't know what the future holds for me, but I am not afraid of it and I will enjoy every moment of the journey I take to get there.

I hope these words find a way to sink in.  My name is Lance Adams and I had an outer body experience.

No comments:

Post a Comment