Monday, February 13, 2012

Valentine's Day?

Tomorrow marks the second worst holiday that man has created (Halloween is the worst).  Tomorrow is the day when every man in a relationship is expected to "show his love" and every woman is expected to be blown away by his gestures.  The funny thing with this is most women on a normal basis would hate it if someone had to tell their man to do something for them.  However, all seems to be forgotten on Valentine's Day when us men gladly take orders from the calender and our women gladly reap the rewards.  Now, I am not against people in love showing how much they care about each other. I am against doing so because the date is February 14th.  I get myself in trouble sometimes because I voice my opinion on things of this nature.  I feel the best gifts and moments are the "just because" gifts.  The ones where you wake up on a wednesday and "just because" you buy your woman flowers, or it's april 12th and "just because" you take your lady out unexpectedly.  For those that don't know me, I also am a victim of tomorrow, I fall in line because it is whats expected.  I am not necessarily against tomorrow, as I enjoy any opportunity to show the one I love a good time but I hate being forced to.  Does that make me a bad guy?  Help me out guys/ladies, what does valentine's day mean and why is it so important to you ladies?

And don't worry guys, if you're looking for a sports post, it's coming, had to get this off my chest first.

No comments:

Post a Comment